Joe Savage of the Joe C. Savage Law Firm is a trial lawyer in Lexington, Kentucky representing persons injured or the families of persons deceased as a result of carelessness or negligence. With over 40 years of experience, Joe has represented hundreds of persons and families all over Kentucky and in other states. His practice includes medical malpractice, major automobile and truck collisions, airplane crashes and product failures.
Qualifications and Experience
- University of Kentucky College of Law – First in the class.
- Harvard Law School – Advanced law degree.
- Over 40 years as a trial lawyer in Kentucky
- Personal injury and wrongful death cases in numerous counties in Kentucky.
- Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Kentucky College of Law teaching Legal Medicine, Litigation Skills and Insurance.
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine teaching law and medicine.
- Lecturer at the University of Kentucky Dental School, Nursing School and Physical Therapy School.
- Lecturer at EMS courses.
- Author of several articles on trial practice.
- Lecturer at numerous continuing legal education courses in Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, New York and California.
- Faculty at Hastings College of Law summer program for trial lawyers, San Francisco, California.
- Three Supreme Court of Kentucky Opinions creating new law in Organ Transplantations, Malpractice and Punitive Damages.
Recognitions and Awards
- Outstanding Lawyer in Kentucky (2000).
- Outstanding Malpractice Lawyer in Kentucky (2011).
- Outstanding Young Lawyer in Fayette County, Kentucky (1972).
- Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by The National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Selected by three honorary societies: The American College of Trial Lawyers, The International Society of Barristers and The American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Selected by the University of Kentucky College of Law Hall of Fame.
- Selected by Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and A.V. rated by peers.
- President of the Kentucky Bar Association.
- Chairman of the Kentucky Judicial Conduct Commission.
- Member of Kentucky Justice Association, American Association for Justice and American Bar Association.